Monday, June 26, 2006

Superman soon...

Well it's officially Tuesday. In about 33 hours, I'll be sitting at the IMAX theater in the Mall of Asia (which has its own Wikipedia entry) trying to stop myself from having a heart attack. I'm really excited about the film, and I'm not quite sure if I'm setting myself up for a big disappointment. Although I'm fairly confident that Bryan Singer did an awesome job (Harry Knowles seems to think so...), I might have set my bar of expectation so high that I'm afraid I'm going to hate myself for it. But... I think I'm easy to please. I need to get myself a new Superman shirt for the movie. My friend Karen told my girlfriend Aila that she tried to get tickets for the 9:00am showing of Superman Returns on the first day, and it's SOLD OUT. I think that's just awesome. It'll be a really amazing screening, since only nutjobs like myself will make their way to Mall of Asia, which is at the end of the perpetually congested EDSA, before 9 in the morning just to see a film. These are gonna be fans. I bet I won't be the only one to cry. Which is just as well, otherwise it'll be like a deja vu of the time I watched My Girl or The Joy Luck Club, where I was the only grown man crying (or had difficulty hiding it). I'm so macho. Like the Village People. Anyway, here's one last look at the trailer before we all go see the film when it opens on June 28. If you don't have tickets yet, get the hell out of here and call the cinema to reserve seats. Shoo.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home