Wednesday, July 26, 2006

World of Blogcraft

In other news, I've decided to create another blog dedicated to one of my favorite endeavors, playing World of Warcraft. I spend a lot of my time playing the game and I thought it'd be good to share some of my experiences with it in a blog format. My crazy little family has seemingly blogified itself... my father has a Multiply account (a 57-year old man prolifically telling tales on Multiply!) and a blog on Blogspot (thanks to moi -- I take some credit for this viral phenomenon); my new age mom, my wonderful sister, and my gloom-happy brother are all also making Multiply's community larger and wackier. Bik and Len, Atong and Pam, and my plethora of unstable cousins (no links provided on purpose!) have their Friendster accounts. Who knows how long before they throw in the towel and blogify themselves? Some have been at it for a while now, too.

I think it's incredibly cool that we've all got this outlet to express ourselves. On a very deep level, this powerful means to communicate our innermost thoughts allow us to become more whole as a people, and as individuals. Put the knowledge that you have out there for someone - anyone - to use and reflect on.
On the flip side, take the knowledge that you don't have from somewhere and let it complete you. I've had the best time recently just browsing through my family's blogs. I learn so much about them - even when you think you know everything about someone you've known all your (and their) lives, there's always something beautiful to find out. So anyway, that was an overlong intro to my new WoW-themed blog, The Storm Engine. One of these days, I'll make a blog dedicated to my comic art. Sooner rather than later.