Friday, September 01, 2006

A Sigh of Relief

It's done. After a grueling two days in Singapore, I had the good fortune of landing one of the five spots in 5 Takes. It's a real dream job, and for 8 weeks, I can be like Anthony Bourdain, Ian Wright, or Jamie Oliver. The casting process was intense. There were over 4,000 submissions of short 150-word essays, and from those, the Discovery Travel & Living people asked about 3,000 to submit their video logs (VLOGs). About half of that were able to submit, and from those submissions, they asked 40 people to fly to Singapore for the Closed Door Auditions. About 36 of us made it, and the non-Singaporeans were booked at the lovely Gallery Hotel. We had cocktails with the other candidates and the judges on our first night; the following day, we had closed-door panel interviews where we had about 5 minutes to sell ourselves to the judges. It was just so much fun. After lunch, they announced 12 finalists which would eventually be whittled down to five.

Even though I got the job, I want to say that every single one of those who attended the auditions were equally qualified for it. You would've enjoyed watching any of them. I just hope to do them and all the people who supported me some justice by not being totally boring. Anyway, I'll be posting my thanks to all my mind-blowingly cool new friends in my next entry, but for now I just want to breathe a sigh of relief that it's all over. Thank you to everyone who believed in me. It's going to be one amazing ride.



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you, Kensai! I've already told four people today, and there's the whole weekend ahead to really spread the word.

10:47 AM  
Blogger storm said...

Haha, you know how pinoys are. I sent one text to my girlfriend, Aila, and boom! Next thing I know, I get five or six texts congratulating me. Well... I just need a US VISA now. Harhar.

1:02 AM  
Blogger SmellMyKnee said...

quit blogger dude... mag multiply ka na! hehehe! congrats again wish i could throw ya a bon voyage party!

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ang galing naman! Congratulations, Kensai! - xtine.

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, sure... "you can be like IAN WRIGHT" I love the guy after all! BUT, kuya, you are another person and i know very well that you will be yet another character that people WILL LOVE :] you're sooooooooooooo great! and i'm sooooo proud of you! [lagi naman eh.. hehe]

love you!
(~c^) ja

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home